Minutes for Keep BT Local Cooperative 2017/06/05
Board Members Present: Alan Matson, Andy Montroll, Al Wagener, David Lansky, Dave Mount, Megan Epler Wood
Via Phone: None
Other KBTL members present: None
Location: Alan Matson’s Office, 5 Lawson Lane, Burlington, VT 05401
Meeting Thursday, 5:30 PM, June 5, 2017
1. Call to order 5:40 PM
2. Appoint Scribe – Al W.
3. Approve Minutes from 05/25 Approved
4. Public awareness –
a. Report on Majorie Kelly event – 15-20 attended, including VT Small Business Advocate, a reporter from Sevendays, and Abbie Tykocki from BT. Kelly spoke to an engaged group about the value of community ownership and stayed late to answer questions.
b. Communications Strategy
1. PR group – Discussion around who might help. People have called to offer help. Alan and Megan will meet with some folks. Megan is working on points.
2. Press and press inquiries
3. Email to members re bid, upcoming events, etc. There was discussion around the need to keep members as informed as possible as the bidding process evolves – emails, informational meetings, etc..
4. Talking points, written pieces, etc..
5. June 9 CCTV Event – Megan will attend.
6. June 19, Coop “Teach-in” – Presentation by Roberta McDonald of Cabot Creamery Co-op on applicability of co-op model to businesses other than food co-ops. 
7. Timeline – Agreed that we need one.
7. Financing conversations and marketing plans for investors
End Executive Session
8. Governance consult – Meeting scheduled with VEC
9. New Business – None.
10. Next meeting date/location 5:30 PM on 6/19 @ 5 Lawson Ln.
11. Adjourn 7:02 PM