Minutes for Keep BT Local Cooperative 2017/08/09
Board Members Present: Alan Matson, Andy Montroll, Al Wagener, Dave Mount, David Lansky, Megan Epler Wood
Via Phone: None
Other KBTL members present: None
Location: Alan Matson’s Office, 5 Lawson Lane, Burlington, VT 05401
Meeting Monday, 5:30 PM, August 09, 2017
1. Call to order – 5:37 PM
2. Appoint Scribe – Al W
3. Approve Minutes from 06/19, 6/26, 7/17 – Postponed. Packet of minutes will be emailed to Board prior to next meeting.
4. Public awareness –
a. Communications Strategy
1. PR group – Megan reported on progress. Loomio group is tracking progress. MM allowing pledges to help get a sense of amounts we can expect from offering. Tabling planning and scheduling in process. Andy Simon is managing house parties – 3 planned, so far. One done: East Vllage Co-housing. Alan reported that there were about 25 in attendance.
Shay Totten is providing expert help with messaging. Greg Hancock will manage FB and Twitter.
2. Press and press inquiries –
3. Emails to members re bid, upcoming events, etc.
4. Talking points, City Council public comments. Many commenters, wide variety of
written pieces, etc. 2 Op-eds in progress Al W. and David L.
5. Member Equity discussion
7. Financing conversations and marketing plans for investors
End Executive Session
8. New Business – Motion approved to open Escrow account at VSECU for MMVT offering.
9. Next meeting date/location 8/28 5:30 PM at Alan Matson’s office.
10. Adjourn – 7:14